Help With Light Issue

zoomee99

Happy Xmas!!!!!

99rx300...new to me so maybe I'm missing a switch or something...or appreciate any ideas...

1. when in auto setting, headlights don't turn off after car is stopped and locked.

2. maybe related, dome light does not turn on when door opened. Door mounted lights come on, but no dome. Dome light works OK with on/off switch.

Manual talks about a dome light switch setting off/on/door. I have a switch like that on the rear door, but nothing on the front, just a pushbutton on/off.

???????

Happy Xmas!!!!!

99rx300...new to me so maybe I'm missing a switch or something...or appreciate any ideas...

1. when in auto setting, headlights don't turn off after car is stopped and locked.

2. maybe related, dome light does not turn on when door opened. Door mounted lights come on, but no dome. Dome light works OK with on/off switch.

Manual talks about a dome light switch setting off/on/door. I have a switch like that on the rear door, but nothing on the front, just a pushbutton on/off.

???????

1. It takes a while for the headlights to turn off automatically. They should turn off within about a minute. If they don't, check the "ON" setting for the lights to see if they go off automatically in that position. If neither of the lights will not go off then it may be an electrical problem. Both settings should turn off the lights eventually.

2. The 2008 RX has a three position dome light switch. All the way toward the driver is the position that is the "door" setting. If you have a push button on the 99 and the manual states otherwise then the manual must be from another year's RX. Somewhere on this site is a link to Lexus where you can get a *.pdf manual or have a replacement sent to you. I'll look.

You could take the RX to a dealer and talk with the service agent. Explain and show him/her the issues. At that point, and after you get the estimate, you can decide if a fix is really necessary.