Newb Here With An Ignorant Question

Happy Holidays all! Just joined the forum today. My loaner over the past week is a RX350 while the GS300 is in the shop getting some glass replaced. What a sweet ride and just in time for 12" of snow in the Seattle area. I learned what the ECT/Snow button function is thanks to this forum but I just noticed a new light today that reads 'AFS'. Since there is no manual in the venerable RX, what does this mean? :huh: Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

Dwight

Happy Holidays all! Just joined the forum today. My loaner over the past week is a RX350 while the GS300 is in the shop getting some glass replaced. What a sweet ride and just in time for 12" of snow in the Seattle area. I learned what the ECT/Snow button function is thanks to this forum but I just noticed a new light today that reads 'AFS'. Since there is no manual in the venerable RX, what does this mean? :huh: Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,

Dwight

Welcome Dwight!

The AFS light means that the Adaptive Front-lighting System is switched off. If you look down on the left side by the Gas Tank door release, you will find the AFS button and you can toggle it back on.

AFS is that cool system where the lights swing left and right as you turn, illuminating the direction you are turning. It is really useful here in the mountains...helps you see the deer poised to jump in front of you!

Regards,

Dwight

Welcome Dwight!

The AFS light means that the Adaptive Front-lighting System is switched off. If you look down on the left side by the Gas Tank door release, you will find the AFS button and you can toggle it back on.

AFS is that cool system where the lights swing left and right as you turn, illuminating the direction you are turning. It is really useful here in the mountains...helps you see the deer poised to jump in front of you!

Outstanding, I remember hitting that button instead of the gas flap release when I was fueling up in preperation for the storm. Good thing I fueled up too because no fuel tankers have been able to reach many of the surrounding stations and as a result, they are out of gas. Thanks for the info., I may have to think seriously about buying a RX350 because it is such a joy to drive on wet, dry or snow covered roads. I like the power door as well, came in handy for Christmas shopping.

Regards,

Dwight