Telescopic Steering Wheel Malfunction

komalley09

This is my first post.

I have a 2001 Lexus LS430 and I am having issues with the power Telescopic steering wheels up/down functions. I have also observed that the side mirror controls are sometimes non-responsive. I live in Colorado and these problems started to occur when the temperatures are very cold.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post.

I have a 2001 Lexus LS430 and I am having issues with the power Telescopic steering wheels up/down functions. I have also observed that the side mirror controls are sometimes non-responsive. I live in Colorado and these problems started to occur when the temperatures are very cold.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have also have a 2001 LS430. About a year ago, the steering wheel power up/down feature began to malfunction. Now the wheel will retract when the key is removed but will not automatically return to the programmed position when key is inserted again. I read somewhere that there was an earlier service bulletin regarding wires that were too short or binding in the wheel column.

I have not had any problems with the mirrors. you probably know that the power mirror tilt-down ( when the transmission is placed in reverse) is disabled when the mirror selection switch is in the middle (not left or right) position.