After Market Headlight Issues Pls Help!

IS300RIG

I was involved in a hit n run not to long ago in which the great person who hit me got my passenger headlight and broke the seal on the light and allowed water to enter the fixture and short out all of my lights so i am a padiddle right now. I just recently purchased a set of aftermarket headlights with the leds and angel eyes with the HID lamp inside of it. The crappy thing is the intructions are in japanese and im not exactly fluent, but i have a feeling that i wil have to take the ballast from my water damaged light and put it in the new headlights, if that is indeed the issue then i will need to buy a new ballast. Has anyone had a similar issue or experience with swaping from stock to after market?

From reading your post, I think your saying that the new aftermarket headlights are HID and didn't come with the ballasts? Which is very common. The ballast is very expensive, and generally the stock ballast is reusable. But in your case you had a water problem and now the ballast has shorted out? If you need another ballast, I would just get one from Ebay.(should be between 50-75 bucks) I've gotten a couple from there in the past and I have yet to have any trouble with them. They are usually just used ballasts from other IS 300's. If you turn the old headlight upside down, there is a plastic plate with 4 or 5 screws in it. Just romve those and the gasket, and inside there is the ballast. Maybe try your old one first?