Where Is The Cheapest Places To Buy Oem Accessories And Parts?

herblenny

depends on what parts you're looking for. Ebay's great, just make sure it states OEM. I would never buy from the dealer unless it was like a bolt or something cheap...

You can also try toyota dealers, often times the parts are used in both and have the same part numbers... They'll be a little cheaper at toyota than lexus even for the same part.

I would never buy from the dealer unless it was like a bolt or something cheap...

You can also try toyota dealers, often times the parts are used in both and have the same part numbers... They'll be a little cheaper at toyota than lexus even for the same part.

These are both common misconceptions. Many Lexus parts have unique part numbers and are not shared with their Toyota counterparts (even if its the exact same part). It is sometimes possible to cross-reference parts between the two however. Also its a fallacy that parts are always cheaper at the Toyota dealer than at the Lexus dealer. I live 4 miles from Toyota dealer and I've twice gone there for parts for my RX. Both times I found that the parts I was looking for we're cheaper at the Lexus dealer 30 miles away. The first was a new antenna mast. The parts guy at the Toyota dealer was very cool and helped me cross reference the Lexus part with a very similar Toyota part but he couldn't guarantee that the mast/cable length was identical to the Lexus part and the cost was $6 more than the exact replacement from Lexus. On the second occasion I needed to replace the ignition coils on my RX, Toyota quoted me $107 ea. and on top of that they claimed they wouldn't warrant the parts if I put them in a Lexus! I found them for $91 at the Lexus dealer. I actually found them for even less at Park Place Lexus, in Plano TX (whom I've dealt with before) but I didn't want to wait for delivery since my RX was out of commission without them.

When I look for parts these days I check Iron Toad and I e-mail Park Place and others like Sewell to see what their prices are. Then I call or e-mail the closest Lexus dealer to me and see what they're charging.

E-bay is great for accessories and smaller parts but I don't generally go there for major components.