How To Fully Extend The Antenna For Mast Removal On A 1995 Ls400

95_LS400

I did a search and I found instructions on how to replace the antenna mast on a 1990-94 LS400. It was helpful in helping me get the retaining nut off, but unfortunately that was about it. I tried turning the radio on and pushing the "AM" and "TAPE" and "AM" and "CD" buttons at the same time while the key is turned to the ACC position, but it doesn't work. What needs to be done on the 1995 model to get the mast out?

Thanks

-Joe

Oh, I just replace my power antenna assembly with one I bought of of eBay that came off of a 96. It doesn't seem to extend all the way up either. It could be that the cable is broken inside. I should have taken the time to take a look at it before I installed it. If it is broken, out it will have to come to open it up and see. That's probably what you're going to have to do as well.

Oh, I just replace my power antenna assembly with one I bought of of eBay that came off of a 96. It doesn't seem to extend all the way up either. It could be that the cable is broken inside. I should have taken the time to take a look at it before I installed it. If it is broken, out it will have to come to open it up and see. That's probably what you're going to have to do as well.

The cable isn't broken. If it were broken, the mast would still come out, but the broken portion of cable would remain inside. The motor still has a firm grip on the cable, I can feel it when I try to remove the mast.

I found this thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4209

Not sure why it's not working for you. You're not pressing all 4 buttons are you? Just AM and CD?

Just did it on mine. Got it out and back in. I guess it is extending all the way up, just not as high as I thought it would compared to the 90 I had. Now I know my cable is fine and all the teeth are good.