60,000 Mile Check

Is it recommended to do a 60k miles check up? If so, what do they usually do and how much do they charge?

Also, is it possible to go to another mechanic (non lexus mechanic) and have them do the check?

Did you recently purchase the car? Do you know the history of the car? I would suggest taking it to Lexus! And as far as price im guessing the average cost of an inspection?? So in the ballpark of $65-$100 and change. And the manual should have suggested intervals on maintainence! But I believe "Preventive" is the best maintainence you can do! It'll save you alot of hassle and money in the future. My GS430 has 95k and I just replaced the air filter changed the oil, and im gonna replace the belt and hoses. It may also be due for a timing belt? But im gonna have Lexus handle that. Its hard to trust the quality of work done on your typical "Jack of trades" mechanic shops!! The dealer may cost more, But I think you might get a little more piece of mind.

Take Care

Is it recommended to do a 60k miles check up? If so, what do they usually do and how much do they charge?

Also, is it possible to go to another mechanic (non lexus mechanic) and have them do the check?

Did you recently purchase the car? Do you know the history of the car? I would suggest taking it to Lexus! And as far as price im guessing the average cost of an inspection?? So in the ballpark of $65-$100 and change. And the manual should have suggested intervals on maintainence! But I believe "Preventive" is the best maintainence you can do! It'll save you alot of hassle and money in the future. My GS430 has 95k and I just replaced the air filter changed the oil, and im gonna replace the belt and hoses. It may also be due for a timing belt? But im gonna have Lexus handle that. Its hard to trust the quality of work done on your typical "Jack of trades" mechanic shops!! The dealer may cost more, But I think you might get a little more piece of mind.

Take Care

welcome to the club u 2.

manual does have suggested intervals...try using the search too next time guys....it will help noobs and og's and people in between! who gave u those prices for a service? he probably wont get out on a 60k service FROM a dealer for less than 200. Have u EVER been outta the dealership for NETHING for less than a bill?

try this post dc fish made...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=34718

look at page 18 on the pdf!

midnight SOME of our service is diffrent than the gs's service....not much but if your at 95k your past due for a timing belt,idler pulley, tensioners,spark plugs, differential fluid change, a/c filter, check ball joints but i would replace them at 95k regardless, also in this service i would do acc belt, water pump, check cam seals, and change radiator fluid...some others but im kinda frazzled this morning so i cant think of the rest.

as far as piece of mind, i actually dont like my stearlership in town....except a guy named kurt that works at the parts counter, he's great. i trust my personal mechanics (yes i have 2 they work in same shop) more than ne other dealer in town as i have been using them both for years....no complaints, FEW problems,helpful and cheap (get the long time friend + the brother in laws best friend is one of my mechanics so that helps too)

Take Care

welcome to the club u 2.

manual does have suggested intervals...try using the search too next time guys....it will help noobs and og's and people in between! who gave u those prices for a service? he probably wont get out on a 60k service FROM a dealer for less than 200. Have u EVER been outta the dealership for NETHING for less than a bill?

midnight SOME of our service is diffrent than the gs's service....not much but if your at 95k your past due for a timing belt,idler pulley, tensioners,spark plugs, differential fluid change, a/c filter, check ball joints but i would replace them at 95k regardless, also in this service i would do acc belt, water pump, check cam seals, and change radiator fluid...some others but im kinda frazzled this morning so i cant think of the rest.

as far as piece of mind, i actually dont like my stearlership in town....except a guy named kurt that works at the parts counter, he's great. i trust my personal mechanics (yes i have 2 they work in same shop) more than ne other dealer in town as i have been using them both for years....no complaints, FEW problems,helpful and cheap (get the long time friend + the brother in laws best friend is one of my mechanics so that helps too)

Thanks for the heads up! Im a new Lexus owner so its all new to me. I just changed the oil, replaced air filter k&n, im gonna replace my serpentine belt and radiator hoses. Im also taking it in the next week or so to have the timing belt and water pump replaced......Plugs, and cabin filter i can handle on my own. But i'll keep everything else you mentioned in mind when she goes in to get the timing belt replaced!! rather have it all addressed before it all becomes an issue!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up! Im a new Lexus owner so its all new to me. I just changed the oil, replaced air filter k&n, im gonna replace my serpentine belt and radiator hoses. Im also taking it in the next week or so to have the timing belt and water pump replaced......Plugs, and cabin filter i can handle on my own. But i'll keep everything else you mentioned in mind when she goes in to get the timing belt replaced!! rather have it all addressed before it all becomes an issue!!!!!!

im a newer gs owner (within last 2 years but i been in the lexus family for almost 5 years now...i know its not that long but im only 26 and i bought and paid for EACH of my own lexus myself, my 21st b-day to myself was a es300 lexus) neways here is a company that uses the purolater c35518 cabin air filter for CHEAP. its the same as the oem filter (i dont recall if this is the carbon activated filter or not) it is what i have in MY car right now but i will check next time its due and if its not the carbon activated i will be removing it!

http://www.automotivefiltersdirect.com/ind...t&Itemid=29

Take Care

welcome to the club u 2.

_______________ I got the car from the dealer with 38k miles on it about two years back. It now just hit 60k and has been flawless in operation (knock on wood). I have been getting regular synthetic oil changes done on the car every 5k miles. ... i may also need new tires?

_______________ I got the car from the dealer with 38k miles on it about two years back. It now just hit 60k and has been flawless in operation (knock on wood). I have been getting regular synthetic oil changes done on the car every 5k miles. ... i may also need new tires?

what year is your gs430? yeah i get the synthetic oil changes also. so just get her some new tires......are rims/tires like a cars lingerie? :)