Cassette Player Going Haywire

ShirleySerious

The tape deck on my 2000 RX300 seems to not like cassettes. I haven't put a cassette in it for who knows how long, but just got a cassette adapter for my iPod. I have a good FM transmitter, but in a crowded market like Chicago, a good station is hard to come by, and when it does, the quality is not so hot.

I put the adapter in, and it keeps on changing sides automatically. This gets annoying since it happens 10 times a minute. I just want to have it stay on one side so I can just play my music. Before you ask, I've tried both sides of the adapter and get the same results. My last car (Chevy Impala) had a feature that was basically "tape adapter mode". I would guess that Lexus would have something similar.

The tape deck on my 2000 RX300 seems to not like cassettes.

Are you sure it doesn't like cassettes or is it just the adapter? Try a real cassette to determine if you have a casette player problem. If it checks out try the adapter in another car. If it checks out it may just be a compatibility problem. Try another brand adapter.