Color Options ?

Hello,

I was hoping someone could fill me in on the exterior color options for the 98-05 GS line up.

I thought I was aware of them all, however I found a 2002 GS 300 on Ebay that is a very light blue color. Some may say it is closer to purple.

I have never seen a Lexus in this color. Anyone familiar with it? Own a Lex in this color? It is quite nice and a great change to see from the typical black, white, millenium silver, dark blue, green, and so on. Also I found another Lexus that was dark blue in exterior color, inside was tan, however the seat interts for both front and rear were a very dark brown compared the the light tan inside the rest of the car. Was this ever and option, I have only seen it on this car which leads me to believe that it is custom.

Ive included the links. Hope it works. If you have a Lexus in that blue and can post a pic i would love to see some more cars that color.

thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...A1%7C240%3A1318

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...amp;cardist=190

Hello,

I was hoping someone could fill me in on the exterior color options for the 98-05 GS line up.

I thought I was aware of them all, however I found a 2002 GS 300 on Ebay that is a very light blue color. Some may say it is closer to purple.

I have never seen a Lexus in this color. Anyone familiar with it? Own a Lex in this color? It is quite nice and a great change to see from the typical black, white, millenium silver, dark blue, green, and so on. Also I found another Lexus that was dark blue in exterior color, inside was tan, however the seat interts for both front and rear were a very dark brown compared the the light tan inside the rest of the car. Was this ever and option, I have only seen it on this car which leads me to believe that it is custom.

Ive included the links. Hope it works. If you have a Lexus in that blue and can post a pic i would love to see some more cars that color.

thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks...A1%7C240%3A1318

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...amp;cardist=190

welcome to the LOC.

the 1st one im not sure about.......dunno that i have ever seen one that light before.

the 2nd one it just looks like someone redid the leather......torn and had it reupholstered or something like that. but im not sure. i havent ever seen a 2 tone factory except the saddle n black interior and i think like all the others its just on the door panels where it is 2 tone....mine is solid khaki or tan or we. like most are

Thanks brotha.

Yeah I thought that the seats must have been custom. Looks good though...although not as good as that blue is looking to me. Its a nice unique color. Im not sure if it looks too girlie to me yet....maybe on an IS 300 it would...but on the GS Im liking it.

Thanks brotha.

Yeah I thought that the seats must have been custom. Looks good though...although not as good as that blue is looking to me. Its a nice unique color. Im not sure if it looks too girlie to me yet....maybe on an IS 300 it would...but on the GS Im liking it.

my personal fav is the spectra blue mica....like this one

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3018462

almost bought one but we couldn't settle on a price due to it needing o2 sensors and cat's.

Yea I also have a soft spot for that blue....its sick. This other blue is driving me nuts. I have been trying to find out all the colors 2nd gen GS's were offered in with little luck so far. I also like that Dark Jade Green. Im looking to pick up my 1st GS in Jan or Feb of 09. Ill go with whatever works out to be the best deal, but I would love something a little unique. No big plans for it. Just cruising. Eventually Wheels and Navi...but thats a ways away. Prolly a 300 over a 430, although i would love the V8..but w. my record insurance would burn me...and im just looking for a solid stylish cruiser anyway.

WHATS UP W. THAT LIGHT BLUE?!?! Also did they offer that blue that the gs400 u posted after 2000?

Thanks

Yea I also have a soft spot for that blue....its sick. This other blue is driving me nuts. I have been trying to find out all the colors 2nd gen GS's were offered in with little luck so far. I also like that Dark Jade Green. Im looking to pick up my 1st GS in Jan or Feb of 09. Ill go with whatever works out to be the best deal, but I would love something a little unique. No big plans for it. Just cruising. Eventually Wheels and Navi...but thats a ways away. Prolly a 300 over a 430, although i would love the V8..but w. my record insurance would burn me...and im just looking for a solid stylish cruiser anyway.

WHATS UP W. THAT LIGHT BLUE?!?! Also did they offer that blue that the gs400 u posted after 2000?

Thanks

ok u ALL over the place so let me see if i can decipher this. dark green jade is ok too. if your looking for nav just get a gs430 or a gs300 that someone bought that feature on....stay oem ACTUALLY call insurance company the 430 is cheaper on insurance. i promise i priced all 3.....gs400 chepear than gs300 too. its weird but i guess if they assume u can afford a car that was in the high 40's-low 50's (depending on options) then you'll drive it better. only thing i can figure.

i dunno i have seen another on google but just those 2.....they didnt offer a gs400 AFTER 2000 they turned it into the gs430 (4.0 liter gs400 and 4.3 gs430) same motor, better steering (factory l-tuned steering ecu) but still kinda sloppy steering... n yes they offer that color but dont know i have ever seen a gs430 with it normally just the gs300 and gs400. i looked at one before i bought my 2001 gs430.....if i coulda got dude to fix O2 sensors and cat's and dropped priced (wanted 13k for 110k mile) i would bought that but LUCKILY i found my v8 gs430 RIGHT when gas was getting high last year and no1 wanted them so i flew to manhattan and picked up a cherry 73k gs430 for right over 14k with ALL factory options except spoiler and 17" chromes.....drove her home. since im always driving i have put her up to 97k in a little over a year. (i travel ALOT n its normally personal travel

have a good turkey day............good luck with buying your gs. take your time n find one you want. i still want a black on black (black exterior with black leather) or that blue with black leather but i just couldnt pass up the condition/price on mine

Thanks brotha.

I can not believe that a 430 or 400 would be cheaper insurance wise! ill take your word for it till I can price one myself. Unfortunately I had a little rough patch in college. racked up 2 DUI's so thats whats working against me....but hey if I can cruise w. 300 hp for cheaper than 225 I am all game baby!! I would love to pick something up w. navigation already but it really narrows down whats out there. IM shooting for lowest miles possible. I have started a job in sales and I will be on the road non stop so Im hoping to find something 01-05 w 50-65K miles for under 15 G's. they are out there, and god willing if I can find one w. navi and V8 i would be smiling non stop. Who knows though. I have no problem puttin a 7 in aftermarket Nav in whatever I get though. I plan on driving this thing into the ground anyway. Thanks for all your help buddy.

Thanks brotha.

I can not believe that a 430 or 400 would be cheaper insurance wise! ill take your word for it till I can price one myself. Unfortunately I had a little rough patch in college. racked up 2 DUI's so thats whats working against me....but hey if I can cruise w. 300 hp for cheaper than 225 I am all game baby!! I would love to pick something up w. navigation already but it really narrows down whats out there. IM shooting for lowest miles possible. I have started a job in sales and I will be on the road non stop so Im hoping to find something 01-05 w 50-65K miles for under 15 G's. they are out there, and god willing if I can find one w. navi and V8 i would be smiling non stop. Who knows though. I have no problem puttin a 7 in aftermarket Nav in whatever I get though. I plan on driving this thing into the ground anyway. Thanks for all your help buddy.

yeah it was sooooooooo odd to me that the insurance was like that and thats really the reason i bought a 430 i was searching for a gs300 when i started searching thinking i couldnt afford insurance on the gs400 or gs430 but i was shocked by that. eww 2 dui's OUCH. i had my license suspended twice for points (had 27 tickets and a few arrests for reckless driving which is 25+ mph over between 18-23, hell my first arrest and or ticket was doing 95 in a 40mph on my bike and i even slowed down when i saw the cop) when i was younger (just got all of them off my record) i pay 135 for full coverage and i was paying like 187 for liability when i still had those on my record. i never even noticed my discount when i turned 25. now that ALL my tickets off (except one i just got for going 6 over) i will see what my insurance is like in january when its time for my renewal! u wont be smiling if u geta v8 and u on the road all the time 15-17 city mpg and 20-23 highway.....

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but from what I have read the 300 and 400/430 post very similar MPG ratings....when driven modestly. ????

haha not that im aware of....plus it depends how heavy your foot is. i normally see bout 14-16 city on my gs430 and bout 22-23 highway but i have a VERY VERY heavy foot