Trunk Wire Issue / Cel Code

93ls400walt

Hello,

I have a question I hope some one will have an answer to.

My 93ls with 130k miles is throwing cel codes; 41, 42 and 47

41 is TPS new TPS installed

42 is #1 vehicle speed sensor- not replaced yet. Car has O/D light flashing and not shifting into overdrive. I also think that sometimes the trans shifts from 1st to 3rd skipping 2nd.

47 is sub tps which only TRAC control models have a sub tps. I do not have TRAC control and thus no subtps.

I've checked the wires along the trunk hinge and did not find any broken,bare or even cracked insulation. And left the wire hanging.

Took the car for a drive, ran fine trans shifted well, did not engage O/D, checked cel codes. No codes !

Shortly afterward trans acting up again ( skipping 2nd ) cel light blinking then no cel blinking.

Jumped the OBD and codes 41,42 and 47 back

can the wire prob. throw false codes? What does it indicate when the cel light blinks without the OBD being jumped?

Thanks !

Car has O/D light flashing and not shifting into overdrive. I also think that sometimes the trans shifts from 1st to 3rd skipping 2nd.

Can the wire prob. throw false codes? What does it indicate when the cel light blinks without the OBD being jumped?

My '92 has a trans malfunction in the 1-2 solenoid that also skips second gear sometimes. The OD light will blink at a steady rate when the computer detects a fault while driving, but apparently it takes two driving cycles before it signals to you according to the manual.

To read the trans codes you have to jump the terminals (can't remember which ones but you know anyway) You read the error codes for the transmission the same as for the check engine light, count the flashes of the OD light.

Let us know what it says, mine has been faulty for 18 months now ( I can live without 2nd occasionally!)

Thank you for your reply.

My cel code for the trans is 42 # 1 vehicle speed sensor

Other codes are 41 TPS and 47 for Sub TPS. Which confuses me since I do not have Trac Control, so I do not have a sub throttle position sensor.

I thought that my probs were with either the #1 or # 2 solenoid shift valves. But I found a thread where someone had similar probs and replaced the shift sensors which did not fix the issue. Replaced the vehicle speed sensor and solved the prob.

I am ordering a new speed sensor and hope this is it.

Any thoughts on the code 47 ?