Roll Back

pharmwriter

This is my first foreign car, so please chalk this up to a dumb newbie question...

My car has a bit of roll back fever when I shut it off. It rolls back about a half inch or so. Also, the shifter will sometimes get stuck in "neutral" as I'm shifting to "park", and if I'm not paying close attention the car just starts rolling backwards, so perhaps I'm more sensitive to a shut off roll back than normal people. :P

Does this happen to anyone else?

You NEED to use the parking brake when parking the car. I cannot stress that enough. Automatic transmissions (on ANY car) are not designed to hold the vehicle in place when parked without the parking brake.

We've had a member here who'se car got hit in the parking lot and it rolled out into traffic. That will happen, so always use the parking brake.

If you set the parking brake before you release the service brake after parking the car won't roll back anymore. Thats the car settling on the parking prawl in the transmission.