2000 Lexus Es 300

Shilpa

Hi everyone,

I bought a 2000 ES 300 from a dealer in april 2008. Has a mileage of abt 72000 now.

It runs beautiful...

However, I have 3 problems:

1) The car makes a screeching sound when i do reverse. It just started about 1 month back. It doesnt make a sound otherwise. I have no idea why it happens.

2) The rear tail light on the passenger side blew some time back. I got the indicator on all the time. Is it something which can be done manual or It has to be replaced by a mechanic. How much does it cost?

3) The driver rearview mirror has some some rainbow colors ( some fluid leak, i guess) on the top upper corner.

just little irritating sometimes.

Thats it, other than, its a beautiful car.

Can someone please please advise me on the above 3 problems.

Thanks.

Shilpa

Hi everyone,

I bought a 2000 ES 300 from a dealer in april 2008. Has a mileage of abt 72000 now.

It runs beautiful...

1) The car makes a screeching sound when i do reverse. It just started about 1 month back. It doesnt make a sound otherwise. I have no idea why it happens.

2) The rear tail light on the passenger side blew some time back. I got the indicator on all the time. Is it something which can be done manual or It has to be replaced by a mechanic. How much does it cost?

3) The driver rearview mirror has some some rainbow colors ( some fluid leak, i guess) on the top upper corner.

Thanks.

Shilpa

1) Lubricate moving parts around the area of noise if not, Problem: Transmission noisy when moving (RWD only) Quiet in Neutral when clutch engaged. Solution: Worn rear output shaft bearing.

2)Well, if you replaced the bulb, check fuse...you can buy a device off ebay to reset all indicator lights on your dash.

3)Could try useing gasoline to remove, but sometimes that rainbow effect is hard to get rid of. My guess is oil drip

Hi everyone,

It runs beautiful...

Thanks.

Shilpa

1) Lubricate moving parts around the area of noise if not, Problem: Transmission noisy when moving (RWD only) Quiet in Neutral when clutch engaged. Solution: Worn rear output shaft bearing.

2)Well, if you replaced the bulb, check fuse...you can buy a device off ebay to reset all indicator lights on your dash.

3)Could try useing gasoline to remove, but sometimes that rainbow effect is hard to get rid of. My guess is oil drip

Thanks Cuz.

I am planning to take it to the mechanic today to get the rear tail light bulb replaced. i have no idea how to do it myself. I do not have the tools as well.

I will get the rear output shaft bearing checked as wella s you suggested.

Thanks a lot once again. I will keep you posted on what the mechanic tells me.