Any Info On Snow Tires And Rim Package 06 Gs300awd

I have a 06 gs300awd that i would like to get a snow tire and wheel package for. I have seen many on ebay but dont know which sets will fit on my car. Does anyone know the exact dimensions that will fit my car regarding the wheel. Is 7.5j width and 5x4.5 correct? I have seen these numbers but not sure if they will fit. I dont want to buy a set and then the damn thigns not fit. Also, i am in Chicago. Any recs reguarding what type of snow tires to get or where to find them locally? I heard bridgestone blizzaks are pretty good? Thanks for any info. i appreciate it!

Carlo

According to Tire Rack, you can use either 16" or 17" tires on your 06 GS AWD: http://www.tirerack.com/snow/WinterPackage...autoModClar=AWD

16" might provide a little more comfort in the winter and 16" snow tires will likely be much less expensive. The above Tire Rack page has a link to information about the traction and cost benefits of using a 16 inch "minus size" wheel/tire setup on your GS.

I've bought a lot of tires and four wheels from Tire Rack over the past 20 years including the Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires and the wheels I have on my 00 LS400. Any snow tire with the mountain/snowflake logo on the sidewall should be fine. Since you mentioned the Blizzaks, I want to mention there are different Blizzak models with different characteristics ... the "winter performance" Blizzaks do not provide the traction of "ice and snow" Blizzaks.

You might check the Chicago Craiglist -- there are a bunch of used Lexus wheels on there today and it would give you a chance to "try before you buy": http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/pts?q...&maxAsk=max One aspect of using OEM Lexus wheels is that it is more likely you will be able to find a replacement if you ever damage one. The wheels I bought from Tire Rack to use with my snow tires are no longer available so I will be S.O.L. if I ever trash one.

I almost forgot to mention that you will spending a lot more if you want to buy TPMS sensors for your snow wheels.