Power Window Switch-parts

hav2laf2

My fiance finally tried to fix my driver side window switch. Window won't roll up. He took the switch apart, and carried it into the detached garage, and lost one of the springs. Any idea where to get a replacement?? Also, I read the PB Blaster suggestion. If we get another spring, what do we do, just spray the PB Blaster all over the switch mechanisms?? Thank you for any suggestions, or information.

I'm the PB Blaster guy. A couple of thoughts. The loss of a spring is no big deal. Go to Radio Shack, and ask to explore their little drawers filled with electronic and other goodies, and you will find springs. They may not be exactly the right size, but the springs just have to be small enough to not be too tall to push the button back. Once you put the assembly back together, the spring will stay in place. If Radio Shack is worse than usual, then go to an independent computer store-if there are any left where you live. Even try cutting the spring that comes with those cheap retractable ball point pens-They will work.

I discovered the PB solution after months of frustration with the usual lubes and silicone. Basically, take the plastic cover off the switch, take the metal cover off exposing the springs and such and spray a steady amount into the guts. Not too much, just a light spray. Let it sit for a couple of hours, clean any residue, reassemble the whole thing, and I think you will be quite satisfied. I've had no window problems for four years. Best of luck....

I'm the PB Blaster guy. A couple of thoughts. The loss of a spring is no big deal. Go to Radio Shack, and ask to explore their little drawers filled with electronic and other goodies, and you will find springs. They may not be exactly the right size, but the springs just have to be small enough to not be too tall to push the button back. Once you put the assembly back together, t......

Thanks for the great info. Appreciate you taking the time to make me smarter. 8:) Have a great day, and thanks again!!!