Chrome Molding Strip For 300 Es Millimium Edition

Blake One

Does anyone know where to find a replacement strip for the chrome like molding for the

2000 es Millimium Edition. I've contacted the dealers and they said the millimium's upgrade parts

were put on at the port, not a part in their computers.

Thanks,

The 2000 Lexus ES300 Millennium Edition was sold only in Canada. It was similar but not identical to the ES300 Platinum Series that was sold in the U.S. Have you contacted a Canadian Lexus dealer?

If it is not a Canadian market Millennium Edition, it may be one of those "special" models that Florida dealers were well known to cobble together -- does it have a vinyl top?

The 2000 Lexus ES300 Millennium Edition was sold only in Canada. It was similar but not identical to the ES300 Platinum Series that was sold in the U.S. Have you contacted a Canadian Lexus dealer?

If it is not a Canadian market Millennium Edition, it may be one of those "special" models that Florida dealers were well known to cobble together -- does it have a vinyl top?

A vinyl top? I hope you jest :o

A Florida dealer also sold an LS version of this ES300 "Palm Beach Edition".

Yikes! That ugly plastic roof makes the car look so much smaller....and cheaper! I wonder what Lexus Corp. thought of the dealership selling such abortions. They couldn't possibly have given them their blessing....could they? :wacko:

Hmmm.. I purchased the car new at Clearwater Florida Lexus dealership in 2000. It came with a spoiler, chrome 17" wheels, plastic chrome like molding inserted between the 2 tone light and dark exterior grey paint. I've seen some others with the same package from time to time so I would think it was upgraded locally. The turn over in Florida is very high at dealerships and I haven't found anyone who worked there in 2000.

No vinyl top, never seen one with a vinyl top....

Hmmm.. I purchased the car new at Clearwater Florida Lexus dealership in 2000. It came with a spoiler, chrome 17" wheels, plastic chrome like molding inserted between the 2 tone light and dark exterior grey paint.

If the plastic chrome-like molding you are referring to is 1/8" wide, you can buy a roll of it at most automotive supply stores. I put some on my ES, just above the lower exterior cladding. I think a roll costs about $15.00 or so.

This is what the package looks like:

chrometrim.jpg

And here it is on the car:

trim.jpg

Hmmm.. I purchased the car new at Clearwater Florida Lexus dealership in 2000. It came with a spoiler, chrome 17" wheels, plastic chrome like molding inserted between the 2 tone light and dark exterior grey paint.

If the plastic chrome-like molding you are referring to is 1/8" wide, you can buy a roll of it at most automotive supply stores. I put some on my ES, just above the lower exterior cladding. I think a roll costs about $15.00 or so.

This is what the package looks like:

chrometrim.jpg

And here it is on the car:

trim.jpg

Thanks, that is it.