93 Sc300 Check Engine Light

brodphish

I have a 1993 SC300 5spd with a base Turbonetics kit installed. The car generally runs great but at times does not idle well, it wants to die. This problem is greatly diminished when it's in high idle (compressor running). I have posted on this forum before and got a couple replies that suspected a fueling problem.

I had the car scheduled for some basic maintenence of an oil change and fuel filter replacment (it has been a while for the fuel filter, don't recall if it has ever been changed). I have owned the car since 1996, and maintained it immaculately - don't know how the filter slipped by.

Anyway just before taking the car in the Check Engine Light came on. The mechanic says it coded for lean running but does not suspect the fuel fliter. He could not replace the filter due to excessive rust so he put penetrating oil on it & he'll try again next week.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what I am dealing with on the Check Engine Light coding lean running?