Chasing Error Codes? P302,p1130,p1150

redmenter

Hello again,

So ill get right to it. The other day light came on, car idled ruff, then started stuttering so i had it read, was a p302, and some other codes (1305,1310,1320,1325) So after some reading, thought to look at ignition coil on cylinder#2, and what luck, the top of that coil had a crack, so thinking the p302 told me #2, and it was cracked, i bought and replaced it. error code light went away, car idled perfect, drove smooth for all of about 25miles. light came back on, idle seems a tick ruff, not bad, no stutter. had code read, now i get p1130, and p1150. So after reading a ton here on the boards, i am not sure i want to buy and replace these oxy sensors, thinking i may be missing the bigger problem? So question is, do you guys think this is coincidence? bad coil, and then bad a/f sensors? OR does anyone have experience with these, and know where i should look before throwing more money at it?

thanks !!

Hello again,

So ill get right to it. The other day light came on, car idled ruff, then started stuttering so i had it read, was a p302, and some other codes (1305,1310,1320,1325) So after some reading, thought to look at ignition coil on cylinder#2, and what luck, the top of that coil had a crack, so thinking the p302 told me #2, and it was cracked, i bought and replaced it. error code light went away, car idled perfect, drove smooth for all of about 25miles. light came back on, idle seems a tick ruff, not bad, no stutter. had code read, now i get p1130, and p1150. So after reading a ton here on the boards, i am not sure i want to buy and replace these oxy sensors, thinking i may be missing the bigger problem? So question is, do you guys think this is coincidence? bad coil, and then bad a/f sensors? OR does anyone have experience with these, and know where i should look before throwing more money at it?

thanks !!

Red- try unhooking your battery for about 10 min. and see if the light goes out (it should) and see how it runs and if it comes back later. A reset is always the 1st. step, then if it comes back on read it again and see what you get. It's not a bad idea to buy your own reader or scanner, they are so cheap now. Then go to www.obd-codes.com- there is a Lexus specific page. It is a very good site- a lot of good information there. Don't go throwing parts at it- makes the parts guys rich and you poor! Know that what your replacing is bad, don't guess at it.

Thanks for advice....

So i decided while i had battery disconnected i would take off, and clean MAF, bought the "proper"stuff, and cleaned that, i figured it couldnt hurt right? ANyway, while doing this, i noticed the brake fluid resevoir cap has 2 wires going into it? but one of the wires has been cut?? First, what do these wires do? and any chance the cut wire is causing all my error codes? i assume not, since all my codes are engine/fuel related. So the reason i am asking, not just doing, it seems the wire is clean cut, (the car is girlfriends, not mine) so i just want to make sure there wasnt a reason someone cut it???

thanks again

Thanks for advice....

So i decided while i had battery disconnected i would take off, and clean MAF, bought the "proper"stuff, and cleaned that, i figured it couldnt hurt right? ANyway, while doing this, i noticed the brake fluid resevoir cap has 2 wires going into it? but one of the wires has been cut?? First, what do these wires do? and any chance the cut wire is causing all my error codes? i assume not, since all my codes are engine/fuel related. So the reason i am asking, not just doing, it seems the wire is clean cut, (the car is girlfriends, not mine) so i just want to make sure there wasnt a reason someone cut it???

thanks again

Red- I'm betting since it is a clean cut that it was setting a CEL and a code for brakes and whoever cut it didn't want to pay the princely sum that they get for that cap with sensor. That's not the way to deal with things but it is the way SOME people deal with em. Reconnect the wire (just tape it so it contacts) and see if that turns on the light. If it does, you know what was going on and how to take care of it. No, i don't think that would anything to do with the other problem. Do a search here and on CL and you'll find discussion on the brake cap and sensor.