"the Lexus Link System Is Not Active. To Activate....."

Cancer_Researcher

Greetings.

I am a new member, however I am not new to Lexus. I had a question and was wondering if anyone could answer it for me. I am a proud original owner of a 2002 LS430 Ultra Luxury Edition, White/Oyester.

I know that I have the old analog link system which is now obsolete. Every time I start the car I get the message ""The Lexus link system is not active. To activate....." I was wondering if I could record something else besides that message, such as "Good morning", or a travel prayer, or anything else. Is there a way? Has anyone done it/ Is it very much involved? I am getting sick of this message but instead of having it disconnected, I would like to record something else. I also use the record feature a lot to record myself reminders.

Thanks

Lexus had a program to remove the old Lexus Link at no cost but think the program expired several years ago. You might check with your Lexus dealer.

Pocket size digital recorders are extremely inexpensive -- I've even seen them as "giveaways" at conferences. I don't know where they are but I've got at least two that fit on a key ring. I found several by googling for "pocket recorder". I've seen really simple ones like I have for a dollar or two.

Lexus had a program to remove the old Lexus Link at no cost but think the program expired several years ago. You might check with your Lexus dealer.

Pocket size digital recorders are extremely inexpensive -- I've even seen them as "giveaways" at conferences. I don't know where they are but I've got at least two that fit on a key ring. I found several by googling for "pocket recorder". I've seen really simple ones like I have for a dollar or two.

Any way to have some other recording?

Any way to have some other recording?

It's been years since anyone has asked about the old Lexus Link system on any of the Lexus forums in which I participate.

I suspect this is a question for a Lexus dealer -- don't be surprised if they give you a blank look. Or call Lexus corporate customer service. My guess is that the message is on some sort of ROM chip.

Lexus actively promoted having customers have the old Lexus Link removed from their cars and gave them a deadline. The wanted the system to just go away.

To give you an example... In 2003 I asked the local Lexus dealer about the cell phone system in the 2000 LS400 like I have. This was almost exactly three years after the in-service date of my car but Lexus had withdrawn all support of the phone systems they sold only three years earlier. The dealer claimed that they had discarded all documentation about the cell phone systems. They didn't care.

If you want to read about your old Lexus Link system, there may still be repair and technical information about it at https://techinfo.toyota.com

A one day subscription is $10.