Good Deal

I have been looking for awhile, to replace my 2005 Ford Explorer, which I pay $500 a month on. I got an add from one of the salesman that I deal with at my local Lexus dealership on the 2009 RX350 model for $399.00 for 36 months lease. I was wondering if that is a good a deal or wait until the new models come out. I was also wondering what other people’s opinions on the RX350 are. Thanks

Well over here it is $678 a month leasing (base model)...so you are getting a pretty good deal for 36 months. My opinion is that is rock solid and reliable, and you can't really compare a Ford of any kind with a Lexus....

Remember to look into the fine print on that lease. Mileage per year is one of the big items. Also your amount up front on 36 months is probably pretty stiff.

Another opiton is a certified pre-owned car.

I bought my 2001 RX300 in 2004 as a certified pre-owned car and in my opionion that is the way to buy a Lexus. I received 100,000 mile warranty (total miles), new tires, new belts, new battery, basically all items under the hood were new. It had 34K miles on it and it now has 143K and it still looks new. A few minor nics in the paint but overall it looks great! You get the loaner car on servicing if over 1 hour to perform. Right now you should be able to get a 2007 or 2008 as a certified car at a pretty good price. Usually Lexus financing has a special as well on certified cars. I got 3.9% on mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering an RX350 to replace my totaled QX4. My preference is to search around and find a specific car, then begin negotiating with the dealer. This way I can find two or three dealers with the car configuration I want and compare their offers. My preference is a cash purchase.

Although I can search the web and even dealer sites for the used car inventory, I have not found a Lexus dealer web site that will display new car inventory.

Anyone know of Lexus dealers with a web site that provides new car inventory?

Any other suggestions to get a price break in this recession would be appreciated.

Ray

I've had mine for a year now and unlike most new cars I've had the only time this has been in the shop was for the first service. I'm usually a German car guy (328ci, X5, CLK500) and the quality of this vehicle is superior. The fit and finish is amazing.

I get a lot of compliments on the color also. (Brandywine)

• 1 month later...
I have been looking for awhile, to replace my 2005 Ford Explorer, which I pay $500 a month on. I got an add from one of the salesman that I deal with at my local Lexus dealership on the 2009 RX350 model for $399.00 for 36 months lease. I was wondering if that is a good a deal or wait until the new models come out. I was also wondering what other people’s opinions on the RX350 are. Thanks

What you are talking about is the national add... I got my brand new RX350 with Nav and the works... MSRP 46065 for 800 down + 356 per month. I did take advantage of the refundable security... 3300 at signing, but you get them back at the end. Best ROI I could find.

I'm considering an RX350 to replace my totaled QX4. My preference is to search around and find a specific car, then begin negotiating with the dealer. This way I can find two or three dealers with the car configuration I want and compare their offers. My preference is a cash purchase.

Although I can search the web and even dealer sites for the used car inventory, I have not found a Lexus dealer web site that will display new car inventory.

Anyone know of Lexus dealers with a web site that provides new car inventory?

Any other suggestions to get a price break in this recession would be appreciated.

Ray

Not a Lexus site, but Edmunds will show an inventory of a specific dealer. Not too much detail on the specific car, but at least u can get an idea of the macro option package and the quantity.

It is a great deal, just FYI you need $3,500 upfront and it has a 10,000 mile per year limit. You could possibly negotiate the mileage amount.

i just picked mine up with navigation 1300 down 455 a month for 36 month with 10k per year so if you are puting 3500 down its NOT a good deal