No Heat

gdgutter

Might be a vent control issue... the vent door from the heater core may not be opening. I know there are many problems with the vent control solenoids 'chattering' and roaming and making noise. Perhaps yours has just finally gone kaputz and therefore not responding to opening the door. I would check that first. It's pretty easy to get to, for it's off the right of the dash below the glove box... although depending on which solenoid it having problems, some are easier to get to than others. Here's a copy/paste from another thread for more insight on how to get to the solenoid:

The noise is coming from the servo motor that moves the door for the "mode" button. This servo moves ducting doors to change from vent to floor, etc.

- I popped the bottom panel off under the glove box.

- I then removed the glove box assembly. 2 screws up high, 2 bolts down low.

- With the key on engine off you can press the mode button and watch the servo move. Turn the key completely off.

- Remove 3 screws and plug to take the assembly out.

- Do not attempt to rotate the arm on the end of the servo. It engages w/ a worm gear. Turn it and you will break gears.

- The servo is a snap together unit. Carefully take it apart w/ the arm side down.(so gears don't fall out)

- inside you will see multiple whipper fingers that make contact w/ a gear. Carefully clean these w/ alcohol and a cotton swab.

- Redistribute the contact grease on the whipper pad w/ a clean finger (any oil or lotions on skin will mix w/ the grease and make the copper contacts corrode.

- Carefully snap unit back together.

- Clean contacts on the outer part of servo also w/ alcohol.

The other option is to have Lexus diagnose this for you and hit you for $160 for the part plus ~ an hour or 2 labor.

So far the noise is gone and the HVAC system works properly.

• 1 month later...
No heat on any setting plaese help.....air always blows cold

I suppose there are many causes of this:

But..

If you have also had other problems with your A/C controls that were intermitent....

Then

You could have computer problems...

I ended up having a Instrument cluster Computer Board Replaced.

Then they replace the Main Computer Board.

Hope that yours is simpler.