99 Es300 Power Window Motor/regulator/cable Assembly

mrv8q

Hello, does anyone have any BTDT advice on replacing this assembly in the driver's side front door? I've tried to download various FSMs. w/o any luck. I have a used assembly arriving soon, and I see where the cable has broken.... any hints for replacing this would be appreciated!

Many thanks!

BTDT many times on all sorts of modern and antique cars, and they are all different, and if you take your time and look at everything carefully the whole job will telegraph how it should be done. A few hints: To get the old unit out and the new one in usually has to be done with the glass assembly disconnected from the track assembly. Some units require the window to be almost 3/4's down so that the bolts that go through the track assembly and through holes in the bottom of the glass line up with access holes that are punched through the interior steel door panel. What I'm saying is, that with the interior door panel/lock and window switches/door handles removed, using various openings in the interior steel door sheeting plus a trouble light, find how the glass is attached to the lifting assembly. Most are bolts through the glass, others are plastic slides that lock into holes in the glass and the track. Most often you can see where they have to be undone, but can't get to them until the glass is lowered to appropriate holes in the door itself. Some may even be more towards the top of the door. Unfasten the glass and lift/twist one end of the glass up or down to get it out of its front and rear tracks, and then out through the top of the door opening. Then disconnect the window motor harness at the motor. There will be 3 or 4 bolts that mount the motor/window crank assembly to the interior door sheet metal. Some cars sometimes use rivets that must be ground off instead. Usually the entire assembly must be collapsed down to its smallest size to be able to get it out of the larger openings in the bottom of the door panel. You might have to reconnect the motor wiring harness and switch assembly and power the assembly down to a more compact size, in order to remove it. From there, everything is just the reverse to put in the new/used window crank assembly. Even if you can't figure out how to do the job yourself and have to take the car to a tech, having already removed the interior door panel, switches and door handle will save you some money. Good Luck!

• Like 1