Looking To Buy A '99 Gs300

Hi folks,

New member here, long time Lexus fan :) .

I'm looking at a 1999 GS 300 with about 160 000 km on it.

I've read that they're solid cars.

Is there anything critical I should know about them?

My bigger concern is insurance rates. Are they through the roof with this car (I'm in Ontario if that helps) ? :pirate:

I've had a '93 ES300 .. should I expect a somewhat similar rate or much much more? Any figures you may have are appreciated :) .

And finally, if you had to recommend, would suggest a 1999 GS 300 or a 1999 ES 300?

Thanks, and Lexus for life!

Insurance is about the same if not a little better because it has very good safety features. I think the choice between the GS and ES is one of how much room you want inside. My wife had the 2001 ES and it was great. I bought the 2001 GS cuz I like it bigger inside and also there are more upgrades available for the GS to modify. There are almost no upgrades for the ES. You absolutely have to check the ball joints on either vehicle if you have that kind of mileage on them. That is a critical part that could end up with your wheel falling off. Maybe someone already replaced but you wouldn't know so have them checked for sure if you don't have any government required inspections of those sorts of safety things in Ontario. Good Luck!