New Used 93 Sc400

md43

OK so I'm a noob, bought the car 3 weeks ago did my home work great car thought it only had a few normal problems guage needels,a bad shock and spring nothing too bad car runs great when I can get it to start. got about 300 mi parked it in the garage and next day it would not start cranks but will not run. OK I don't even have the books for this car yet, so I get it towed to the dealer they worked on it cleaned all the grounds still could not get it to run so they pulled the computer tech taps on it and the car comes back to life so he reset the computer tested it for a few days and I went and picked it up. 180..00 tow,2 hours tech time 200.00. Drive it home runs great parked it in the garage next day car will not start. OK 180.00 tow back to the dealer wehen it gets there it fires right up, and has been starting for 4 days, no codes

anyone else had a ghost in their car. 120000mi always dealer maintained all records as far as I can tell.I'm the 3rd owner guy I bought it from owned it for 12 years kept in garage and never run hard only drove it 4000 mi in last 3 yrs, back and forth to the golf course. I'll pick it back up today or tomarrow. Anyone ever had this problem? Computer?

OK so I'm a noob, bought the car 3 weeks ago did my home work great car thought it only had a few normal problems guage needels,a bad shock and spring nothing too bad car runs great when I can get it to start. got about 300 mi parked it in the garage and next day it would not start cranks but will not run. OK I don't even have the books for this car yet, so I get it towed to the dealer they worked on it cleaned all the grounds still could not get it to run so they pulled the computer tech taps on it and the car comes back to life so he reset the computer tested it for a few days and I went and picked it up. 180..00 tow,2 hours tech time 200.00. Drive it home runs great parked it in the garage next day car will not start. OK 180.00 tow back to the dealer wehen it gets there it fires right up, and has been starting for 4 days, no codes

anyone else had a ghost in their car. 120000mi always dealer maintained all records as far as I can tell.I'm the 3rd owner guy I bought it from owned it for 12 years kept in garage and never run hard only drove it 4000 mi in last 3 yrs, back and forth to the golf course. I'll pick it back up today or tomarrow. Anyone ever had this problem? Computer?

Thanks for the help Was the computer Pics coming soon

I had the same problem, towed twice, worked on twice, but no fix. Finally, when it would not start,

I put a timing light on No.1 cylinder to see if it was firing when I tried to start. Firing was ok but

would not start. Suspected the fuel pump so put a jumper between +b and fp in the diagnostic

panel. Started right up but would eventually stop if I removed the jumper. (probably due to malfunction in ECM)

Left the jumper on and haven't had a problem in weeks.

John

It almost sounds like the battery terminals need to be cleaned or maybe a new battery in-general. Can you answer a few questions. What are the conditions to where the car is parked over-night? When you say it cranks but won't start, it's clicking or it's attempting to acquire a spark from the battery.

Don't really know what the Lex-Techs troubleshoot, but it might be as simple as a tune-up or a new battery.

It almost sounds like the battery terminals need to be cleaned or maybe a new battery in-general. Can you answer a few questions. What are the conditions to where the car is parked over-night? When you say it cranks but won't start, it's clicking or it's attempting to acquire a spark from the battery.

Don't really know what the Lex-Techs troubleshoot, but it might be as simple as a tune-up or a new battery.

It ha s a new battery a Lexas one at that parked overnight means pulled into garage and parked next day no spark at the coils, but a new ecc got it running and its running rich so I'm going to do a tune up.