93 Ls400 Battery Drain Issue

HomerTHX1138

My 93 LS400 can go for weeks with no issues then suddenly the battery will be completely dead.

The shop isolated it to the circuit with the interior lights, steering wheel, AC compressor etc.. (a 10 amp fuse under the hood, I think #20 but going from memory, far left of the box). They took a week to get this far and I needed by car back. The last thing they said was that it may be the driver's side courtsey light. This light, the one that illuminates the legs from under the steering column, doesn't come on. There's also a reostat switch there, is that for that light? It does nothing.

So, how do I confirm that it is that light? I can take that panel off but where do I need to go from there? Can I disable the juice to that light?

Also my driver's door switch doesn't work - it doesn't know when the door is open. A part for this problem is on the way.

Thanks.

My 93 LS400 can go for weeks with no issues then suddenly the battery will be completely dead.

The shop isolated it to the circuit with the interior lights, steering wheel, AC compressor etc.. (a 10 amp fuse under the hood, I think #20 but going from memory, far left of the box). They took a week to get this far and I needed by car back. The last thing they said was that it may be the driver's side courtsey light. This light, the one that illuminates the legs from under the steering column, doesn't come on. There's also a reostat switch there, is that for that light? It does nothing.

So, how do I confirm that it is that light? I can take that panel off but where do I need to go from there? Can I disable the juice to that light?

Also my driver's door switch doesn't work - it doesn't know when the door is open. A part for this problem is on the way.

Thanks.

Pulled panel. Here are photos.

WHat the heck does this rheostat do???? Is it for that light?

If the drain is here I can only guess this rheostat is bad causing the drain. I suppose I could cut and wrap the wires to this box.

If there are no suggestions I'll take it back and let the shop have another go at it.

Thanks.

post-26591-1224458059_thumb.jpg

post-26591-1224458072_thumb.jpg