Opening Door Trigger Malfunction - Help!

Hey Everyone,

Ive been a reader on here for a few years now and want to start off by thanking you all for all of your valuable knowledge...but now, I have a question and need help!

I have a 2006 GS300 and have recently been having problems with whatever mechanism triggers when the driver door is opened. I currently have it programmed to turn off the lights immediately and unlock all doors after the car is parked, turned off, and the driver door opened. However, in the past few months I have noticed that opening the door does not always trigger these actions, leaving me to close the door and re-open it a few times, until it does finally trigger.

I have taken the car in to the dealer a few times for this specific problem, but they have not been able to find out what the problem is and what might be causing it. They even claim that they "can not replicate" the issue, which is total BS.

I need to know a) if anyone else has ever had this problem and B) what is the technical terminology for this issue.

Basically, what is the part name on the driver door which triggers the action, and how can this be resolved. ANY and ALL feedback is welcome.

Thanks!

It could be the door switch itself, relays or a wiring problem. Do you ever get the door ajar display on your dash when you close the door?

I have checked for and never receive the door ajar display on my dash when i close the door...

• 4 months later...

I had this same exact problem! It drove me crazy, and i took it in a few times for it to no luck. I decided to try another dealership and we found the problem as soon as i pulled up.

When you open the door, there is a button on the frame of the car. When you close the door, it pushes this button in. Occasionally, when the door is opened, this button sticks making the car not realize that the door is opened (and therefore not triggering the actions you want).

Have them replace this "button" or "switch" and you should be golden.