1jzgtte Vs. 2jzgtte Vs. Na-t 2jz

I have been researching the import world and have been trying to find something that is rear wheel drive, stylish, and a world of potential. i came up with Lexus Sc300. after research i have learned that there are three very common ways to boost a sc300: 1jzgtte, 2jzgtte, and NA-T 2jz. i am stuck because i do not know which one to do. i am leaning towards the 1jz or NA-T only because i do not have the funds for a 2jzgtte. but on the other hand i am not too trigger happy with turboing a NA car. but at the same time i have learned that the 1jzgtte was never made in US so getting parts for them can be a pain in the @$$. so basically i am in a pickle. any help at all would be really appreciative. THANKS

If you know nothing about boosting a car you should buy something the comes with factory turbos, its alot of work to turbo a N/A engine especially if you have never worked on a turbo car before. Why not buy something like an Rx7/Supra/Stealth that way you dont have to do an engine swap or rebuild the manifold to get what your looking for, also realize that if you do an engine swap or add a turbo its going to be mandatory to get a good solid tune done so make sure you have people in the area with the equptment and knowledge to tune the car (lambda wideband + dyno) not just anyone can tune a high horsepower turbo engine.

As for JDM engine swaps... awesome I love my JDM 13b-rew to death, but parts are gonna be hard to find and expensive and you STILL need to find a good reliable tuner at the end.

i have done a lot of turbo work. i had an eclipse GSt and i swapped out the 14b turbo for a 16g turbo. also my friend has a 240 sx in which i helped him swap the ka for a sr20det. so i have the basic knowledge and basic know how to do the work... just dont know what to do. and yeah i know i have to have a good tune. that isnt a problem.. my local autoparts store (235 tuning shop) does a good tune. the kid with the sr20 took his there and they did a great job. and i have thought about a first gen supra or rx7 but im not interested in rotory motors and as for supra, iv read that the 7m motor isnt the best power plant.

i have just recently bought a 5 speed sc300 for a project car as well. if u havent already bought the car i would not recommend it for a project car. if you are not willing to spend a bunch of money on it. the problem with the SC's is they are so G@& DA^* heavy you have to either spend the 2grand on carbon fiber doors or have a engine with a very high output to get them to move. the spec on the stock weight of the car is 4,500 pounds. that is as heavy as most SUV's know a days. i am sorry if i am comming across as an @$$ hole but if i would have know that the car was that heavy before i got mine i would have bought something else. but on the plus side it is easy to swap in a 2JZgte and five speed trany. i am going with the 2JZgte with the 6 speed trany it starts out with 320 horse power has a lot of aftermarket support and are bullet proof motors. i hope this helps

Yea thats the ONLY thing i do not like about the sc300's; their weight. but like you said, with a high output motor like a 2jz or 1jz it isnt hard to do that. which is something i considered when i made my decision. but i still am not to horribly worried about running a 10 second quarter mile. i would be perfectly happy with a mid to high twelve... which isnt hard to do with a 1jz or a 2jz. thats why i am not worried about the weight of the vehicle. i wish i could afford a 2nd gen supra :angry: but no way in hell would i be able to find one even if i could afford one. thanks for your help