06 Gs300 Ipod Plug In?

HI! My car is a 2006 GS 300 without NAV. My son interested to listen the music on his ipod recently,

so I searched on the forum, and found out that most of the owner install the dice one and vash one.

I also searched on ebay, and I also interested on this too.

GROM

I don't know how choose between this three,so I want to ask for some advise. Thanks!!!!

I have both. The VAIS works great, but you have to setup your music on playlists. I replaced it with the DICE which lets you navigate your music from your car stereo just like on your iPod. I prefer the DICE (Playlist>Artist>Album>Track).

Both companies have their users manuals online for download. You can look at how the controls work on each unit. I think they both show examples with and without the nav screen stereos.

I have both. The VAIS works great, but you have to setup your music on playlists. I replaced it with the DICE which lets you navigate your music from your car stereo just like on your iPod. I prefer the DICE (Playlist>Artist>Album>Track).

Both companies have their users manuals online for download. You can look at how the controls work on each unit. I think they both show examples with and without the nav screen stereos.

Thanks for your advise. So is the dice one can show track name and artist name on the screen, even my car doesn't have the NAV system?

Thanks for your advise. So is the dice one can show track name and artist name on the screen, even my car doesn't have the NAV system?

I think seen scrolling text on the examples in their manual. Look at your radio, does it have a TEXT button? See page 17 of the manual.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/support/fil...ota_dice_gs.pdf

I think seen scrolling text on the examples in their manual. Look at your radio, does it have a TEXT button? See page 17 of the manual.

http://www.diceelectronics.com/support/fil...ota_dice_gs.pdf

Thanks again. I just went to check this. I can't find any "text" button,but I clicked in the audio, there is a "title" button on the screen, and show track name and artist name when I clicked in it, but there is no name on it when I played a CD.

Call the guys at DICE, they can answer model specific questions. Also, the unit can emulate SAT, CD changer, MD changer... I bet one of those settings will work on your car... ASK THEM! :)

Thanks a lot! I will try to call them, but anyway I think I am going to buy the dice one..

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just bought a new 06 gs300, no nav, and i was thinking about getting the dice ipod adapter. i was wondering how much did installation run or did u guys do it yourself?

boB_2006_GS300,

your posts about this topic have been extremely helpful. thank you sir!

pete_2006_gs430

it is fairly easy to install. At the top of this forum is a "sticky" post regarding NAV override. The post says how to remove the nav unit. Once pulled out, you just remove a plug from the head unit and plug it into the Dice harness, then the Dice harness has a plug that goes where you unplugged the other one. the harness plugs into the Dice module, and it has a cable that you route to where you want your iPod.

The Dice can act like a CD changer or a SAT radio. The CD method (emulation) uses the 6 disc buttons on the screen to access Playlist>Artist>Album>Track, BUT you have to remember what each button does. It also shows time and track number. The SAT emulation uses the 6 station buttons, BUT it shows what each button does. MUCH BETTER!!! The SAT mode does not show track number or time though. There are other settings too I think like MP3 that only works with later model Lexus'. You can download the user manual to decide which emulation you want to use and see how it installs. Also, I hear in the last year iPod changed the voltage they charge from with the cable. I would call Dice and tell them exactly which iPod you have and make sure it has the right cable to charge it. Good Luck!