Car Wont Start :( Clicking Noise

hi i just put in 2 alpine speakers that sound sick they are the spr-17c but when i tried to start my car it was like it wasn't getting enough power to start all the lights dimmed and it made a clicking noise do i have to much power? or did i blow a fuse or something i have no clue. i would just unplug the speaker again but it takes so long to get the door off!! some one please know the answer

thanks

I have a feeling it's probably just your battery crappin' out on you. Do you know how solid your battery is? Is it old? Around time to replace it? If so, you've probably got some weak cells and if you were running the stereo on just the battery, the weak cells are showing themselves. I've done a ton of stereo installs, and I can't see a new pair of 6.5" coax's drawing enough power to disrupt any of the vehicle's systems. Plus, the 'click' sound upon trying to start is classic of a low-power battery. I'd say run to Costco, pick up a new battery for $50, and you should be go to go! Or at the very least check your battery connections for corrosion... you might be just not getting a good contact. If your contacts are clean, the it's back to the battery being the prob.

I am sure a couple 6.5 speakers are not going to have any affect on the battery. If you had installed a large amp with the speakers, that would be a different story. Did you have the starting problem as soon as you finished installing the speakers? Did you disconnect the battery while installing the speakers? If you had the doors open for a couple hours while installing the speakers, the interior lights could have ran the battery down. Get a jump, than take it down to the local auto store to check the battery, i

I am sure a couple 6.5 speakers are not going to have any affect on the battery. If you had installed a large amp with the speakers, that would be a different story. Did you have the starting problem as soon as you finished installing the speakers? Did you disconnect the battery while installing the speakers? If you had the doors open for a couple hours while installing the speakers, the interior lights could have ran the battery down. Get a jump, than take it down to the local auto store to check the battery, i

i installed one speaker and it was working fine then i turned my car on started fine then i backed my car into my garage to install the other speaker both were working fine then like maby 30 mins after i was done installing the door while playing the new speakers i tried to start the car and it was dead but il try jumpin my car thanks so much for your help

i installed one speaker and it was working fine then i turned my car on started fine then i backed my car into my garage to install the other speaker both were working fine then like maby 30 mins after i was done installing the door while playing the new speakers i tried to start the car and it was dead but il try jumpin my car thanks so much for your help

thanks for the help that jump start did the trick :D

Just from experience, if your battery ran out of juice after a 30 min or so with light use on it's own, then it's getting weak. A jump-start will get you going again, but if your battery is on it's way out, it'll catch up with you and might leave you stranded somewhere in the near future. My battery seemed to be working fine when my shop 'load-tested' it, and after trying to pull a strong load, the battery started to lay-down. With the weather turning colder, your battery is going to need to work harder, and it might not be up to it. ...Just keep an eye on it.

Just from experience, if your battery ran out of juice after a 30 min or so with light use on it's own, then it's getting weak. A jump-start will get you going again, but if your battery is on it's way out, it'll catch up with you and might leave you stranded somewhere in the near future. My battery seemed to be working fine when my shop 'load-tested' it, and after trying to pull a strong load, the battery started to lay-down. With the weather turning colder, your battery is going to need to work harder, and it might not be up to it. ...Just keep an eye on it.

kk thanks for the advice il test it in my shop class