Spare Tire Lock Key For 2003 Lx 470

zandango

First I want to recommend Only Michelin tires for your LX470, I just replaced a pair that had over 65,000 miles.

I wanted the tire shop to replace the worn spare from a previous tire purchase with one of the better tires, i replaced.

After 20 minutes of trying to figure out how to lower the spare, we realized that the lock key was not in the kit. Going through the owners manual, it never mentioned a key. it clearly showed the hook end of the bracket to use to lower the tire.

Because the manual was clear I insisted that this was the way, the tire shop was adamant I was wrong I was, so I called the local dealer in RWC, CA, the first parts man was unaware of such a key, his co worker shed light on the issue went through 10 different lock nut keys until he found the right one.

THEY WHERE OUT OF STOCK.

I haven't had a flat in 3 years.

The last time the dealer did a full service he must of left the key in is tool kit, or they just did check the spare like they should of.

Just imagine your spouse or kids driving at night, they get a flat and you can't get the spare down.

CHECK TO SEE THAT YOUR KIT IS COMPLETE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE>

:huh: