Fan Motor On A 92

scottyscotty

I have been having trouble with over heating, when I run the ac or have to sit in traffic. I put the car back on the road after a year, and forgot all about this problem.

This ac guy told me my fan wasn't spinning any faster, when the ac kicked on, and that I needed a new presure/valve regulator. (Not sure if this is what it's called, this is the best I can remember, because it was a year ago) He said that the 92 has a hydroliclly driven fan, and that the speed of the fan is regulated by this valve that's not working. I remember seeing a simple diagram off the system, and there was a valve in there some place. I just called the dealer to try and get a part number, and they told me there is no valve, only a motor and a hose. I can't find a manual on this car, and I was wondering if anyone had any reference material or had a similar problem? Thanks

I have been having trouble with over heating, when I run the ac or have to sit in traffic. I put the car back on the road after a year, and forgot all about this problem.

This ac guy told me my fan wasn't spinning any faster, when the ac kicked on, and that I needed a new presure/valve regulator. (Not sure if this is what it's called, this is the best I can remember, because it was a year ago) He said that the 92 has a hydroliclly driven fan, and that the speed of the fan is regulated by this valve that's not working. I remember seeing a simple diagram off the system, and there was a valve in there some place. I just called the dealer to try and get a part number, and they told me there is no valve, only a motor and a hose. I can't find a manual on this car, and I was wondering if anyone had any reference material or had a similar problem? Thanks

The valve is attached to the power steering pump, before replacing the valve check to see if you are getting power to the connector.

The valve is attached to the power steering pump, before replacing the valve check to see if you are getting power to the connector.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it.

Can't figure out where it is exactly. I called a salvage yard and the guy told me it was part of the fan assembly and had to be swapped out with it. The dealership has never heard of the item, but said there is something called the hydrolic motor control valve near the power steering pump...is that it?

Thanks