Tire Pressure Alarm Is On.

Well it only took 9 months for the tire pressure alarm to start going off on my 08LS460. It went off just prior to my 10K miles. Took it to the delaer for the normal 10K checkup. I was told the tech adjusted the tire pressure. That didn't make sense since all the tires read within 1 psi difference including the spare. But I went on my way and drove home(more than the 30 miles that it usully takes to set the alarm off after being reset). A few days later and more than 100 miles, the alarm went off again. :angry: I haven't scheduled a service appointment yet but since this very same trbl was never fixed on my LS430, i am not expecting it to be fixed on my 460. The dealership even replaced the monitor on my 430 with no perm fix after just 1K miles.

John

I hate those things...

I think the dealer can just shut it off completely for a scenario where you have custom wheels...

I'd want it just completely shut off. Somehow we muddled through for all these years having to check our tire pressure the old fashioned way...

• 3 weeks later...

I’m in Atlanta and last week the weather got much colder. The Tire Pressure Warning Light in my 2007 LS460 came on one cold morning and reported that one of my tires was at 29 lbs. The Master Warning Light also came on. I keep a 12v air pump in each of my cars, so I was able to add air to all 5 tires. I checked the pressure in all 5 tires and made sure they were all set to 33 psi cold. I started the car and was surprised that the TPWL and MWL both still came on! Since I knew that the tire pressures were correct, I left for an appointment and decided to recalibrate the TPMS the following morning when the tires would be cold. Each time I stopped and started the engine, both lights would come on. But to my surprise, the next morning when I started the engine the TPMS warning light and MWL did not come on and all was normal. The system reset itself.

The first thing you should do when any warning light comes on is read your Owner’s Manual. When the Tire Pressure Warning Light came on, did the Master Warning Light also come on? If so, and the Master Warning Light stayed after blinking for 1 minute, there is a malfunction in the Tire Pressure Monitoring System that needs to be fixed by the dealer. But if you need to initialize (recalibrate) your TPMS, do it when your tires are cold and at the desired pressure. Then start the engine and press and hold the Tire Pressure Warning Reset Switch (under the right side of the dash) for at least 3 seconds. The TPWL will flash 3 times and the multi-information display will show a message that initialization has started. After the tire pressure display shows the pressure for all 5 tires, turn the engine off.

10/5/2008. Took the car back to the dealer. When I made the appointment I also gave notice to the dealership cust svc rep since this was my 2nd attempt to get this fixed. I was told the best rated tech in the country would work on it. The repair explanation was the monitoring system had to be reinitialized. No parts replaced. No tire pressure adjustments made. I have driven the car 120 miles thus far. So far so good.

John