Trunk Lid Misalignment

GHY

I have a 08 ES350 with about 2500 miles on it. I noticed that the trunk lid is misaligned so

that the front left of the lid is about 1/4 in elevated from where it should be. A dealership

fixed it. The dealership thought they need 3-4 days to fix but they got it done in 2 hours.

What I'd like to know is what caused this. I know that it was not misaligned when I

took the delivery, I was not in any kind of accident, there are no evidence that anybody hit me

while parked. the dealership thinks I slammed the trunk lid too hard but I can't imagine I can

slam the trunk so hard as to misalign the lid that much. The dealer will not tell me what they

did to fix it either. I don't know if a mechnical parts were adjusted or some adjustment to

attachment was made.

Has anybody ever run into this or know what might have caused this?

Any thought you may have is appreciated. GHY

I noticed the same thing on my friend's Chrysler LHS. He did end up getting it fixed, and the problem was caused by a loose rod on the ceiling of the trunk. The trunk also did not stay up very well before the problem was fixed.

I would imagine they probably just tightened something that came loose during the delivery process.