1998 Lexus Es 300 No Click, Turn, But All Power

So I parked my my 1998 Lexus Es300 about eight months ago and just got back to find it will not start, I know letting it sit for that long was bad. Everyone i've called has said something different (all want me to spend an incredible amount of money just for it to be towed) so hears my problem... I thought it was a battery, so I bought a new one, hooked it up all the power comes on in the car, lights, radio ect. but there is no turn, no clicking, nothing. How possible is it that its a starter problem? The starter was fine when i parked it. Do you think its electrical (maybe the starter relay?) or mechanical (maybe the starter or alternator?) Where do I start? Could it be as simple as spark plugs? I think it may have clicked the first time I tried to start the car with the old battery and it didnt start, Im assuming because there was lack of power, then the when i brought the new battery home there was no click... Thank you sooooo much for any help you may have to offer!!

Right now, knowing nothing, turn on your interior dome light and try to start the car. If the light dims or goes out while you're on the key, it means that the start circuit is connecting and there's a definite draw on the battery.

Next, check the fuses.

Also check the battery. Sometimes you buy them dead or close to it. That dome light and headlights should come on real strong without the car running and just on the battery.