X Package No Longer Available 2008 Is 250?

Hi there, new member here.

I'm trading in a FX35 and missing my old G35c 6MT... decided on the IS250 as the best looks/handling/fuel economy/comfort combination. I'm willing to trade power for fuel economy.

I called the local lexus dealer (Tampa,FL) only to be told the X package is no longer offered on 2008 IS 250. Is this true? The package still appears on the lexus website as an option and there is no mention of the change in Edmunds or Consumer Reports... I am thinking I might be getting the run around where they are trying to sell me existing inventory.

So I called Lexus 1800 and they were worse than useless. All they could say was that yes the X package is still being produced but it may or may not be available in all regions. They could not tell me what regions it was or was not available - so I'm back at square one.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

TIA

2008 Lexi no longer in production, you cannot even order one.

If you want one with the X package you'll need to find -via the internet- a dealer that has one in stock. You may be lucky it is not in Hawaii...

It is true not all regions get the X package.