Trying Auto-rx

m2pc

Well, with all the talk about the toyota v-6 engine sludging (potential), I decided that I was going to try and take care of my ride as much as possible.

I will use synthetic oil and change out every 5-7k miles, use synthetic ATF fluid, eventually have a fuel system cleaning at probably 60k. As for cleaning the engine, I am going to try out a product called auto-rx. I chose this product after going to bobistheoilguy website and reading up on it. Most additives, I stay away from because I believe they are just snakeoil, but there are some products that do deliver (for the most part anyways) what they advertise, just like Zaino (which is still holding up after 4 months). Anyways, I chose this system because of all the feedback and that it seemed the safest and a non-toxic way to clean out my rides insides :) So I hjave 45k on a 1998 es300 with no problems, has been well maintained, but power seemed to have dropped off as well as the MPG has dropped, even after switching to a synthetic oil while keeping driving habits the same (I monitor and record gas useage and mileage). Anywhoo, there was a special running and its cheaper than having an engine flush that may or may not cause more damage than good.

Just wanted to share with you guys the application instructions in case you wanted to give it a try or more importantly, to get feedback from those of you who have already tried it.

Here is what I sent to them regarding my application and the responce:

" Thanks Frank for informing me of the shipping date. I am fine

with the date, I just wanted to take advantage of the special ;)

BTW, this is my situation and what I plan to do, please advise

if you see anything wrong:

I have a a 1998 lexus es300 with one of the infamous sludge

monster engine. It has 45,000 miles and exhibits no problems,

I am performing the auto-rx as a preventive type maintenance

and if I get better performance I will be happy.

I have recently started using Amsoil 5-w30 synthetic. At 5,000

to 6,000 miles with this oil, I will 1). change out only the

oil filter and add my first application of auto-rx (I will top

off with non-synthetic).

Drive 1,500 to 1,800 miles and 2) replace oil filter and oil

(non-synthetic) and drive another 2,000 miles. Can you

recommend the rinse oil? I know the site bobistheoilguy says

to use low esthers, but I don't know enough about oils and

their formulations to know which one to pick.

3)Put new non-synthetic oil and new filter with bottle of

auto-rx. Drive 1,000 miles.

4). Rinse by changing oil and filter and drive 2-3000 more miles.

5) be happy and go back to preferred oil :)

Besides what rinse oil to use, is an oil filter that filters

down to smaller particles (like Mobil1 filters) better or I

was just going to add a supertech filter.

Thanks for your advice.

Response: First, thank you for contacting Auto-Rx and asking us for an overview of your plan, this is where you get factual information. 1. You don't want to mix a synthetic oil with a non-synthetic oil. 2. As you stated you have an engine prone to sludge. Your wisest course of action is to use the Auto-Rx Application "Special Instructions for Heavy Sludge And Oil Burning Engines". Go to www.auto-rx.com and click on application link and then link for "Special Instructions" and print it out. Follow these instructions and you will be more than pleased with your Auto-Rx application. Your Lexus will stay free of sludge by using this proven application."