Rolls Forward When The Reverse Gear Is Selected, If On A Downslope

concerned

Is this normal?  

1. 1. Is this normal?

• Yes
    • No

I just got an RX 300 station wagon, 2002, and when I am on a downslope (facing down a hill) and try to reverse uphill the vehicle rolls forward when it is in Reverse, until I apply some gas. No automatic car I have owned rolls forward when in reverse gear...

Is this normal for an automatic Lexus?

I just got an RX 300 station wagon, 2002, and when I am on a downslope (facing down a hill) and try to reverse uphill the vehicle rolls forward when it is in Reverse, until I apply some gas. No automatic car I have owned rolls forward when in reverse gear...

Is this normal for an automatic Lexus?

same thing happened to me . thought it was odd too , took car in and the dealer said it was supposed to do that! weird

It may be depending on how steep the hill is. Also the RX might be heaver then your previous car hence more gravity pulls on it. I have a freind with a steep driveway. And mine will roll backwards in DRIVE on that hill becasue it is so steep. I have 330 btw, but the gravity concpt is the same. I woudn't be worried.