Key Question ... Help, Input Needed.

TAMEDV8

Hey fellow members,

Need your help input on this dilemma please.

I have a 96 Lexus LS400 with the old key and a fob remote. I was hoping to get a newer model key with the built in remote, and have it cut to use with my 96 LS400.

NOWWWW...

Is it even possible?

If I buy a new key from Lexus, can I program its remote with my fob remote and have the key cut so it'll work with my car?

Arggh... hope I am making sense.

Please provide any info you can.

Regards,

-AM.

Hey fellow members,

Need your help input on this dilemma please.

I have a 96 Lexus LS400 with the old key and a fob remote. I was hoping to get a newer model key with the built in remote, and have it cut to use with my 96 LS400.

NOWWWW...

Is it even possible?

If I buy a new key from Lexus, can I program its remote with my fob remote and have the key cut so it'll work with my car?

Arggh... hope I am making sense.

Please provide any info you can.

Regards,

-AM.

hey i work for lexus and you can buy a new style key have it cut to work with/start your vechicle but the buttons wont work. (lock,unlock,trunk release)

does that answer your question?

hey i work for lexus and you can buy a new style key have it cut to work with/start your vechicle but the buttons wont work. (lock,unlock,trunk release)

does that answer your question?

thank you 92s.

so you are certain that the key will work?

now, there is no way at all to program the remote on the key using the fob? i mean, its just the matter of matching the frequency. [correct me if i am wrong]