Picked Up A 03 Es300

Hey every1, new user here.

I just picked up an 03 ES300 with nav for quite a deal. It has the Nav with a tape player and a single cd behind the face, along with a 6 disc changer in the console. it has a ML system, and you guesed it, rear sub is a sack of doo doo. So i need to replace that, but will probly go with a difrent sub than factory sence they cost a prety penny new.

But my real reason for this post is to ask if the cd behind the nav screen will actualy read a dvd with a mod? or is it just a cd reader?

also I wanted to ask if there were any hiden features on the nav itself. my version is like a 2.2 , i dont have any were near the cash for an upgrade version at the moment :( I realy wouldnt mind just upgrading to a version thats a litle out dated to tell you the truth, like a v 5 or 6. even a 4 would be beter than i got, but every one wants an arm and a leg for the software.

I found a device that i can go inline with the nav screen and another component, guessing the map sending device and it will inturupt video for an input or a rear camera, but then i also have to tie in a audio kit for sound. is there a kit that is all around sound and video that also would have an output for an aditinal screen in the rear if i added 1 eventualy?

Lots of questions i know. ANy help would be apreciated.