97 Lexus Es 300 Alarm Sound

ixidesi

I have a 97 es 300 , its alarm works fine, but for some reason the sound of the alarm is very low. I can hear the sound of the alarm (beep Beep) when its very quiet out. IS there any way if i can raise the volume or any thing of that nature ? any help will be appreciated .

Cheers :pirate: .

On the bottom of your dashboard(on the drivers side) there should be a little black knob that turns like a volume control to adjust the loudness of the beep. Even when it's turned up full the sound is not very loud.

What does the alarm sound like anyway? I have never had it go off before. Is it the same beeping that it does when it locks or is it a horn honking or something? Also, if I hit the panic button to test it, can I turn it off again with the panic button?

When the alarm is activated it blows the horn. If you have a panic button on your remote key, you press this button and hold it a few seconds until the alarm starts. You stop it by pressing any button on your key. The little beep just notifies you that the system is activated or de-activated.