90 Ls400 Can't Get Any Acceleration Or Horse Power

MasterParker

A few days ago I was having to press much harder on the gas to get the car to go. The day after that started I was driving and the brakes started pulsing, the electronics were fading in and out and the lights dimmed, then as I turned off the road my power steering went out. I assumed this was the alternator. I replaced the battery and alternator. Now all of the electrical problems are gone and all that works fine. But the one problem still remains that I cannot get any horsepower. When I am in park, the car gets all the horsepower it should, it revs up really high. However, when the car in in gear, I can push the petal to the floor and it accelerates like a kid on a skateboard. I can get up to speeds but it takes at least 6 or 7 times longer and it sounds like it is struggling. I don't understand what it is and I don't want to drive it like this when this might have been what caused my alternator problems. Please, any information helps.

What do you mean there's no horsepower?? Will it rev up all the way?? It may be in "limp-home" mode...

any CELs???

It MAY be a trunk wire harness problem..... You can try searching for it I don't know about any specific threads about it.

Sounds like limp home.

Any check engine lights??

I believe the trunk wiring harness is in the driver's side trunk hinge. Pull the plastic cover off of it, and there should be some wires inside. If they are exposed, get them hooked back together good, and DON'T stick them back inside because that's where they get worn out. Just let them hang freely!

Hope that helps some.

:cheers: