Idle Problems

I have a 93 SC 300 with a Turbonetiks (?) kit. I am running about 8lbs of boost (set low as the engine was rebuilt at installation). The car run runs well except the idle occasionally will not hold and engine will die. This happens enough to detract from enjoying the car a bit.

Both the tuning shop (Sound Performance) and another shop have looked at it without resolution. Any ideas to fix this problem?

I have a 93 SC 300 with a Turbonetiks (?) kit. I am running about 8lbs of boost (set low as the engine was rebuilt at installation). The car run runs well except the idle occasionally will not hold and engine will die. This happens enough to detract from enjoying the car a bit.

Both the tuning shop (Sound Performance) and another shop have looked at it without resolution. Any ideas to fix this problem?

Not an expert with Turbos yet, but it sounds almost like you're having a fuel issue. Was the Fuel Rail upgraded?

Thanks for the reply, UCF3.

You may be on to something. When the turbo kit was installed, I was told the fuel rail did not have to be upgraded unless I went with the next size up turbo kit. So it still has the stock rail.

Is there any way I can check to see if it is the fuel rail without replacing it? I believe it is an expensive part. I wonder also if the symptoms would manifest more at higher RPM if the fuel rail was inadequate.

If it is a fuel issue, could it be the fuel filter? I have maintained this car immaculately but thinking along these lines, I don't recall the last time the fuel filter was replaced.

Any further input would be appreciated....

I'm just guessing on it. since both Sound performance and the other one look at and didn't mention the fuel rail, that might not be the problem. Did you have this problem when you bought and installed it for the first time?

Perhaps you can Call Turbonetics and ask one of their techs.