Overheating Transmission

Reck

Hello everyone,

I am a Lexus newbie who owns an 02 Lexus IS300 e-shift . Basically after a time of normal driving my e-shift handle as well as the chassis (pretty much from the cigarette lighter to the middle arm rest) becomes very hot. (I believe my transmission is not receiving as much coolant as it should to cool it down) It causes the environment inside of the vehicle to become very humid. I've have taken it to a few mechanics and they could not really come to a conclusion. I plan to take it to a Lexus dealer to figure out the dilemma, however was hoping to get some suggestions on what it might be before I spend any crazy money at Lexus for a diagnostics.

Hello everyone,

I am a Lexus newbie who owns an 02 Lexus IS300 e-shift . Basically after a time of normal driving my e-shift handle as well as the chassis (pretty much from the cigarette lighter to the middle arm rest) becomes very hot. (I believe my transmission is not receiving as much coolant as it should to cool it down) It causes the environment inside of the vehicle to become very humid. I've have taken it to a few mechanics and they could not really come to a conclusion. I plan to take it to a Lexus dealer to figure out the dilemma, however was hoping to get some suggestions on what it might be before I spend any crazy money at Lexus for a diagnostics.

have you taken it to AMCO transmissions? they have really good mechanics there