Maintenance Schedule

Hi all,

I just bought an 06 IS 250 with 35K miles on it. I don't have the service records for it as the previous owner did not provide me with them. Anyways, just wondering what type of items I should have taken a look at. Can anyone provide a list of services that are provided at the major and minor services? I believe there was supposed to be a major service completed at around the 30K miles point but I would just like to know what that service entails? I mean for the minor service, I know a lot of places it's just an oil change, fluid top-ups and inspecting a few things.

What does the dealership do every 5K miles? Also, I'm assuming that since it's a 5K mile oil change that it's not running synthetic? Any thoughts on switching to synthetic? Is it worth it or just following the regular maintenance schedule and products will be just as good? Thanks.

The dealership will have all the records on all service done at any Lexus dealership.

If it has had regular 5k oil changes at the dealer and you're already at 35k I'd probably go ahead and get the 40 and 45k ones there too just for "Look I'm protecting my warranty" peace of mind...

after that switch to synthetic and longer change intervals.

Every 5k is just an oil change- make sure you TELL them just do an oil change, or they'll charge you 3 times as much and still just do an oil change plus an "inspection" you don't need to pay for since they're gonna point out anything to you they notice anyway.

At 30k they (should have) changed the air filter and AC cabin filter (which are easy to do yourself and vastly cheaper) and the brake fluid.

35 and 40 thousand are just oil changes.... 45k is oil change plus clean the AC filter (again save $ and do it yourself)

50 and 55k are just oil again...and 60k is the same as 30k plus changing the spark plugs.

Here's the whole maint. schedule/warranty manual/etc-

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/Sedans.pdf

and be sure to check the list of TSIBs for the car and get any you want/need done while the warranty period is in force, they stop being free after that.

Thanks for the maintenance schedule. Exactly what I was looking for. I prefer to do maintenance myself as it's not difficult and enjoy doing it. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of that definition but think I'm competent enought to do routine maintenance myself. If I switch to synthetic, under normal driving conditions, when should I change the oil? Also, do I need to have the engine "flushed" of conventional oil first? Or after a couple of synthetic changes, it'll drain out on it's own? Thanks.

Also, anyone know how to reset the maintenance reminder indicator?

Normal and synthetic are completely compatible, so just drain the old stuff and put in the synthetic, no need for a flush....

As to change intervals, depends what you use.... something like Mobil 1 can comfortably go at least 10k miles, something like Amsoil can comfortably go 25k miles (though I'd still change the filter every 6 months)

For the oil light-

1. Turn the engine switch OFF.

2. While pressing the trip meter reset knob, set the engine switch to the IG-ON mode. Continue to press and hold the knob until the trip meter displays 000000. (make sure it's on the odometer display, not trip a or B )