Problem Transferring Contacts - 1 Name, Several #s

bibber

I've had my phone (HTC's AT&T Tilt) paired with my 2006 GX470 since I got the phone. No problems there, works fine. Today in CA, it's required handsfree, so I'm trying to transfer my contacts (at least the ones I use all the time). I found that I can't do a mass transfer, so I am doing one at a time. My problem is that for many people I have several numbers. For example, for my husband I have home, work, and two cell phones. I transferred the first number fine. The second one, the navi asked if I wanted to overwrite or add. I said add. So it added the second number. But when I looked at the numbers, it had replaced the first number with the second number (same number listed twice). I did all four numbers for him and ended up with his name listed four times and the last number entered listed under each. Customer service wasn't able to help. Anyone figured a way around this? Thanks!

I've had my phone (HTC's AT&T Tilt) paired with my 2006 GX470 since I got the phone. No problems there, works fine. Today in CA, it's required handsfree, so I'm trying to transfer my contacts (at least the ones I use all the time). I found that I can't do a mass transfer, so I am doing one at a time. My problem is that for many people I have several numbers. For example, for my husband I have home, work, and two cell phones. I transferred the first number fine. The second one, the navi asked if I wanted to overwrite or add. I said add. So it added the second number. But when I looked at the numbers, it had replaced the first number with the second number (same number listed twice). I did all four numbers for him and ended up with his name listed four times and the last number entered listed under each. Customer service wasn't able to help. Anyone figured a way around this? Thanks!

You should be able to just manually change the numbers to what you want. If you have the different numbers in your Tilt under the same name, it should transfer all of them when you beam the contact. If some numbers are duplicated, just change one of them manually to the correct one after you beam the contact.

To do this, on the same screen where you touched “Transfer” to transfer the contact, instead touch “Edit” and then select the contact you want to edit. Once here you can touch either “TEL1” or “TEL2” and manually change the number. You have to hit the back space to get to the beginning of the number and then just touch the numbers buttons to enter the number. When you are done just hit the “OK” button. You can now hit the “Menu” (hard button) to get out and bring up the map again.

Omegaman

• 1 month later...

[/quote

I cannot do the mass transfer of phone numbers to a phonebook due to having a Verizon/Motorola cell phone. I tried to manually input numbers and cannot figure it out! I have a 2005 GX and would appreciate any helpful guidelines. Have you succeeded in doing this? Thanks!