93ls400 Power Steering Pump,help!

style

Well pumps makin all kinds of noise so I bought a new one and removed plastic mldings from pass side of motor and mas air sensor, belt, etc removed line from pump res and two bolts located on a bracket that mounts to rear of pump.. Well pump doesn't budge what am I missing... Anyone have a walk through on how to remove this pump,any help is appreciated,thanks...

Well pumps makin all kinds of noise so I bought a new one and removed plastic mldings from pass side of motor and mas air sensor, belt, etc removed line from pump res and two bolts located on a bracket that mounts to rear of pump.. Well pump doesn't budge what am I missing... Anyone have a walk through on how to remove this pump,any help is appreciated,thanks...

Have a look from underneath....

Did you check your fluid level??

My pump makes noise when the fluid gets low, the reason the fluid is low is because the power steering rack is notorious for leaking, on ALL Toyotas.

My 93 LS has a new rack, same pump, works great

My 98 LS has a leaky rack, so I keep power steering fluid handy, when it starts groaning.

PS you don't see fluid on the ground under the rack because it likes to save it all in the boots at the end of the rack.

If your pump is bad you will see fluid leaking all out of it, and on the ground.

David

have you checked on the bolt thats located behind your psp pulley wheel!!look between the pulley wheel(the holes)there is a nut(15mm)that takes your pump off the bolt that holds part of your pump!there are 3 bolts and 1 nut!!! 2 bolts located in the back/2 in the front!1 by the pulley wheel and one just below!if that doesn't help you,please go to lexls.com/psp pump tutorial! it helps me out big time!!!!!