Rattle

sdloeffler

Greetings, I've been having issues with a rattle in the back of the car for some time. Took it to the dealer and they re-insulated all around the rear deck panel. Seemed to be better for a good while. Then a worse rattle started, again in the back of the car. Just took it in for the 15k service and they kept the car for days trying to deal with the rattle. Service manager said they re-insulated all around both of the moonroof cover areas. I have the UL with panoramic moonroof. Ride felt great on the way home, quiet on the way home, turned onto a side road off the main thoroughfare and bam! There it was again. Rattle rattle rattle. It sounds like the back window is about to rattle out of the car. Seems like it is coming from near the shade. I'm going to have a neighbor ride around back there and see if he can identify the issue, but was curious if others have had serious rattle issues?

Thanks, Scott

This may not be relevant or related in any way, but I just got my 08 back from the dealer after 16 days.

I thought my rattle was coming ‘from the back’ or ‘from the b-pillar areas.’ Turns out, it was two pieces of metal in the passenger door that were too close together. They sent the car to a body shop and had them spot weld the two pieces of metal together and the rattle is gone.

If you would have told me the rattle was coming from the passenger door I would have laughed in your face – but the rattle is completely gone. They were also a dream to work with – I think I like the service department and experience better than the car!

They said Lexus has had problems with the doors on the ES and the thin metal pieces being too close together.

Apparently rattles can travel from one end of the car to another.

This may not help, but thought I would share.

(Good luck – my rattle was driving me nuts!)

Greetings, I've been having issues with a rattle in the back of the car for some time. Took it to the dealer and they re-insulated all around the rear deck panel. Seemed to be better for a good while. Then a worse rattle started, again in the back of the car. Just took it in for the 15k service and they kept the car for days trying to deal with the rattle. Service manager said they re-insulated all around both of the moonroof cover areas. I have the UL with panoramic moonroof. Ride felt great on the way home, quiet on the way home, turned onto a side road off the main thoroughfare and bam! There it was again. Rattle rattle rattle. It sounds like the back window is about to rattle out of the car. Seems like it is coming from near the shade. I'm going to have a neighbor ride around back there and see if he can identify the issue, but was curious if others have had serious rattle issues?

Thanks, Scott

My car is at the dealership right now with a rattle coming from the back shelf. They found it and had to order a part for some type of sensor that sits back there and the brackets were loose.