Power Steering Pump

knicki

if any one has the how to on changing a power steering pump on my 92 LS 400 please let me know , i am putting a bottle a day in mine and it would be cheaper to get a new pump but i need a" how to " because every time i take it to a mechanic for something small , something major goes out that next week , no offence to the trustworthy mechanics out there but i cant seem to find one :(

A bottle a day! Are you sure there's a bottom to the fill tank? :)

I seem to have to top it off about every 3-4 weeks with 4 or 5 ounces. But then I've been using a little trick I thought of several years ago. It is this;

Start adding ATf fluid with STOP LEAK in it. I think what I use is called TRANS-SEAL. It should swell the seals enough to slow it down to almost nothing, unless of course they are physically gone.

This may be a cheap stop gap until do finally do have it replaced.

By the way, are you a Brit?

Others who know more than I will be along soon I'm sure.

Good Luck...

A bottle a day! Are you sure there's a bottom to the fill tank? :)

I seem to have to top it off about every 3-4 weeks with 4 or 5 ounces. But then I've been using a little trick I thought of several years ago. It is this;

Start adding ATf fluid with STOP LEAK in it. I think what I use is called TRANS-SEAL. It should swell the seals enough to slow it down to almost nothing, unless of course they are physically gone.

This may be a cheap stop gap until do finally do have it replaced.

By the way, are you a Brit?

Others who know more than I will be along soon I'm sure.

Good Luck...

I have done all the stop leak products out there even the one's that say money back if it dosent work , well hey lie it does slow it down but like clock work if i idle to long or park it over night a whole new bottle goes in...