2007 Rx350 Nav Lockout Override Ver.05.1 Doesnt Work?!

Just got a 2007 RX350 with nav, and I cannot override the nav lockout "feature" while driving.

I have heard 6.1 has problems, but I am not sure what version I have. If I go to menu, then the dvd info button it says ver.05.1 so I am guessing I have 5.1 which all the directions are for, yet it is not working. Is this ver.05.1 not the same as the version number everyone talks about for nav override? This is really annoying and makes nav completely useless to me...

When you go Menu->Volume->Top Left->Bottom-Left->Top-Left->Bottom-Left it should bring up that little system menu screen right? Well it isnt. Is there some trick? Do you have to press harder than a normal press, or press and hold for some time between the TL/BL/TL/BL sequence or something? I know 2007 is the cutoff point where the override was taken out, but I want it back in. Since some 2007 systems have it, will an older disk work? Leaving for a 3000 mile (x2) roadtrip on wednesday, and this is really needed as it is 30+ hours each way and we need to find gas and food without pulling off the busy interstates!

Any help would be appreciated.

There is no user override feature. However, you can, while driving, issue voice commands such a 'fast food', 'gas station', 'restaurant' and the appropriate icons will show on the map (provided your scale is 1/2 half mile or less) then you can touch an icon and it will display the name of the POI represented by the icon. Some icons actually show the logo of the POI (McDonald's, for example).

• 2 years later...

Well that is a bummer. Is there a way to revert back to the old version that allows the override? Or will it only update to a newer version not roll back to an older version?

Yes, it is possible to load an earlier version. Version 5 is the last version that had override in it. Look on ebay for Lexus Navigation, version 5