Navigation Record Feature

So I've had my IS350 since it first came out in '06 and admittedly can't stand the voice activation. It never gets my commands right. I think it only CORRECTLY responds to Home and food types ie. Italian, Mexican,... God forbid trying an address. State, City, Street #, Street Name, ZIP Code, ~Color, Shape, Size... :wacko: and then it doesn't find it! :censored:

I really wish they didn't take away my navigation override, and from what I hear it seems Lexus likes sticking in our rears on this issue. However, I digress. :chairshot:

Navigation Record Feature

In the map feature where you locate the Display Icons menu there are two buttons that says "Record"/"Stop". I have never learned what this does. At first I thought it remembered my route so that when I enter that destination it would place it in the top three routes. This wasn't the case as far as I can tell. It only seems to leave a trail of bread crumbs.

Does anyone know what this is actually recording and what use it is?

Lexus should offer owner classes on their navigation; considering nobody can ever uses it and they won't put back the override. Could be a win-win... :cheers:

I'm sure that the manual explains it--but, did you try calling the dealer and asking for an instructional? Relentless Pursuit of Perfection, right? Maybe they'll arrange it.

Although I've never used it either, I always assumed it was same as "leaving bread crumbs", in the event you wanted to depart via the same route as you arrived. I haven't really come across a need for it, I guess.

If someone has a good use of this feature, please let me (us) know about it!