So I Knocked My Rear View Off..

On my 96 Es300

How do i get it to clip back on? The mounting thing is still glued to the windshield, but the mirror assembly is off. I can kind of clip it back in but it doesnt want to go the whole way. Do I need to loosen the screw?

Also, the part of the mirror assembly that actually attaches to the clip on the windshield has what looks like 3 little bumps that stick out and I'm assuming they are what pop into place to hold the mirror up, but there's only 2 on the assembly right now.. did I lose one or is it meant to be like that?

Edit: Just found a pic, I guess I need that third little bumpy thing.. I'll have to check the car.

Here's a pic of what I mean: cimg9098rz9.jpg

Yes, you'll probably need to loosen the set screw to get the mirror back on the windshield mounting bracket all the way.

Those three "bumpy things" will have a spring behind them which forces them to protrude out beyond the surface of the mounting assembly. When you slide the mirror back onto the windshield bracket, they will be compressed flush with the assembly until the mirror is completely seated inside the bracket, at which time the "bumpy things" will pop out again to hold the mirror firmly in place on the mount. Maybe one of them fell out if/when the mirror was previously removed for whatever reason. This might explain how you were able to knock the mirror from its bracket, if the set screw was a bit loose to begin with.